Teaching is an important aspect of our role as pediatric anesthesiologists at the only tertiary care children’s hospital in the region. On any given day, anesthesia residents, ER residents, pediatrics residents and medical students are rotating through our department at Norton Children’s Hospital.By educating and improving the many medical personnel who rotate with us, we are working to improve pediatric care throughout our community and beyond.
In addition to direct clinical instruction, our department educational schedule includes:
- Daily morning lectures on important pediatric anesthesia topics
- Monthly journal club reviewing the latest literature in our field
- Monthly regional anesthesia workshops
- Monthly quality assurance-quality improvement meeting
- A four-week core lecture series for University of Louisville anesthesiology residents